Problems of International Mathematics Competition (IMC) for University students can be downloaded here.
Soal versi Bahasa Indonesia (terjemahan oleh saya sendiri), dapat diunduh di sini: IMC 2012
Over all, my comments for all the problems:
- Very easy and does not make distance to most participants.
- Too tricky at the construction! Well, I hate myself for not solving it.
- It’s eventually easy, but I am not used to do permutation groups. My bad.
- Looks like a nice result.
- Woh, Indonesian team has discussed this for case . I thought that we cheat.
- Easy one, but they cut me 1 point! WTH? (I blame this for taking me away from book prize)
- Another tricky problem. In the test, I thought, what the hell with all these tricky problems!? I scratched for 3 hours, then just realized that it’s just few seconds manipulation.
- I solved this in last 30 minutes. Not a hard one.
- I was too paranoid for this problem. Very nice one, though!
- I don’t care, even read this one (yet).
So, my test score for this IMC is 43 distributed as follows:
Day 1: 10 – 3 – 0 – 0 – 0
Day 2: 9 – 10 – 10 – 1 – 0
I got 2nd Prize with rank 75. The cut-off for gold is 50. No need to be sad, just be happy! 🙂